In Person Sessions
Sage Wellness is housed in the beautiful “House of Yin” building. We have been safely offering in-person appointments throughout COVID-19. In-person services are not optimal for everyone, so we will always continue to offer telehealth sessions. We have been taking many precautions to ensure this is a healthy and safe environment for clients and counselors. This includes health screening questions, required masks, positioning the chairs over 6 feet apart, UV light air filtration, increased cleaning procedures. Prior to every appointment, you will receive an email with health questions ensuring you are feeling healthy. If you are not, your counselor will meet with you via telehealth instead.
In Person Procedures
On the day of your appointment, please wait in your car and text your counselor (at our business line, 352-474-8882) upon arrival. The waiting room is closed to reduce traffic in the building. Your counselor will text you back at your appointment time and meet you at the front door (the door near the driveway/6th street). They will open the door for you, provide hand sanitizer, and take your temperature. Bring a mask to wear throughout the appointment, and your counselor will be wearing one as well. Upon leaving, your counselor will open the doors for you and you will leave through the back door.
Sage Wellness is offering telehealth services to support clients who are residents in the state of Florida. Clients have reported this has been a safe, convenient and easily accessible way to receive treatment. Telehealth is a live, virtual appointment where you meet with your therapist via HIPAA compliant video or phone. Prior to each session, you will receive a unique link that takes you directly to the video session. Clients have the option to return to in person sessions as health concerns reduce.
- Being on a secure internet connection, rather than public or free Wi-Fi.
- For video sessions, you will need a desktop/laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Tips for a Successful Telehealth Session
- Be in a location free of disruptions where you are alone and can speak freely. This may include using headphones, being outdoors, or putting on a bathroom fan to act as a sound machine. Be stationary and focused. Refrain from driving.
- Be in a space where there is good lighting and your face is clearly visible. Be aware of light coming from behind you as this will cast a shadow over your face and make it difficult to see you.
- Keep the video steady by placing your computer on a hard surface or leaning your phone against something sturdy. • Wear clothing consistent to an in person appointment.
- Mute or silence your device to reduce potential distractions during the session.