- Individual Therapy (45 minutes) – Sessions range from $125 to $200 depending on the provider.
- Couples Therapy (45, 60 or 90 minutes) – Sessions range from $145 to $200 depending on the provider. The cost of sessions longer than 45 minutes are prorated.
- Group Therapy (90 minutes) – $95
We have made the thoughtful decision not to take any health insurance to ensure we are providing our clients with the highest level of care. First, insurance companies require that clients are given a diagnosis, even if a diagnosis may not be appropriate. This diagnosis goes on record in the client’s health file with the insurance company.
A second reason we do not bill insurance is confidentiality. Most insurance companies require that clinicians file by using an Electronic Medical Record. By releasing private information to a third party, it increases the risk of client’s information being exposed. Also, if you or your family member needs a federal background check such as joining the military, when becoming a pilot, when taking the bar exam, or for a number of other reasons, their personal mental health history may be obtained through insurance. We want to offer the highest protection of your private mental health information.
Third, rather than allowing insurance companies to dictate your treatment, we want to have a collaborative process with you in regards to your treatment. Many insurance plans choose the length of treatment, number of sessions, or duration of treatment. By not using insurance, you and your counselor can decide what ideal treatment is for you, rather than it being decided for you by your insurance.
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- Is pre-approval from the insurance company, or a referral from my primary care physician required before treatment?
- Do I have a deductible? What is the amount and has it been met?
- What is my coverage for an out of network provider?
- CPT Code: 90834 for a 45 minute individual therapy session (individual therapy)
- CPT Code: 90847 for family therapy with patient present therapy session (couples therapy)
- CPT Code: 90853 for group psychotherapy session (group therapy)
- Are telehealth sessions covered for an out of network provider (CPT Code: 90834-95 for a 45 minute individual therapy session)?
- What is the process for submitting the “superbill” and receiving reimbursement?
- How many sessions does my insurance cover each year?
For ongoing clients, we are able to provide letters of support when applicable for academic (e.g. medical withdrawal, academic accommodations) or vocational reasons.
As of January 1, 2022, the No Surprises Act was passed which gives you the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining the approximate cost of your treatment. Please note that since the frequency and duration of therapy is ultimately determined by you, and can change throughout the course of treatment, we have decided to provide you with a general estimate. While our clients often attend an average of 8 sessions, we are providing an estimate of what the cost should be if you attend therapy twice a month, for one year. It is our policy that you are charged at the conclusion of every scheduled session or service, so you will never be charged without your notice.
Out of network provider: Sage Wellness, LLC
Tax ID: 83-3532877
Date of service: One year, bi-weekly sessions (24 total)
Service code and description:
90834 - Psychotherapy, 45 minutes (Individual therapy)
90847 – Family Therapy with the client Present (Couples therapy)
90834-95 - Psychotherapy, 45 minutes (Individual therapy, telehealth)
90847-95 – Family Therapy with the client Present (Couples therapy, telehealth)
Estimated amount to be billed: $125-200 (depending on your therapist) x 24 sessions
Total annual estimate you may owe for treatment: $3,000 - $4,800
Other Associated Costs/Fees:
- Missed appointment/Late cancellation within 24 hours of the appointment: $125-200 (full session fee)
- Consultation / Report writing: $125-200 (your session fee, prorated for time spent)
- Appearance at court on your behalf: $2,000 per day to reserve therapist time and must be paid in full 30 days prior to the expected court date.
The Good Faith Estimate is not a contract between you and your therapist, and does not obligate or require you to obtain any of the listed services from the provider. Questions about this notice and estimate? Contact your therapist or Dr. Jennifer Martin, owner of Sage Wellness, at 352-474-8882. Questions about your rights? Contact the No Surprises help desk at or 1-800-985-3059.