Click here for more information.
Sage Wellness sees clients on a self-pay basis. The cost for counseling services varies depending on the knowledge and experience of your clinician. Sessions are 45 minutes in length and range from $110-175 a session. We accept payment via a debit/credit card (including HSA/FSA cards).
- Individual Therapy (45 minutes) – $110 (Cathy Tillman), $135 (Diana Rodriguez) and $175 (Jen Martin)
- Couples Therapy (45 minutes) provided by Jen Martin – $200
- Group Therapy (90 minutes) provided by Jen Martin – $75
Length of Treatment
Our goal is for you to become your own therapist! For you to feel empowered and confident in your ability to work through and manage whatever life stressors or mental health symptoms arise in the future. To accomplish this, we have found this system to work well. Our clients begin by seeing their therapist weekly to begin to create momentum, accountability and build skills towards reducing symptoms and creating new habits. As you begin to feel more confident in doing this, we will space your sessions out to provide you more opportunity to practice and gain mastery. Clients will often come to therapy for a period of time before taking a break to continue to integrate what they have learned. You are welcome to return in the future at anytime should you find new concerns arise, or you find additional support feels warranted.
Sage Wellness has not contracted with any insurance companies. Instead, we are considered “out of network” providers (Jen Martin and Diana Rodriguez only). We are often asked why we are not in-network with insurance. First, when filing insurance, companies require that clients are given a diagnostic code for billing, even if a diagnosis may not be appropriate. By not billing insurance, we can meet client needs without labeling the client’s experience for an outside company.
A second reason we do not bill insurance is confidentiality. Most insurance companies require that clinicians file by using an Electronic Medical Record. By releasing private information to a third party, it increases the risk of client’s information being exposed. Also, if you or your family member needs a federal background check such as joining the military, when becoming a pilot, when taking the bar exam, or for a number of other reasons, their personal mental health history may be obtained through insurance. We want to offer the highest protection of your private mental health information.
Third, rather than allowing insurance companies to dictate your treatment, we want to have a collaborative process with you in regards to your treatment. For example, some insurance plans choose the length of treatment, number of sessions, or duration of sessions. By not filing insurance, your counselor can offer the most effective treatment as opposed to allowing insurance to determine treatment options. We want to give you the most confidential and best quality of counseling!
Out of Network Health Insurance Benefits
If you decide you would like to utilize your health insurance for therapy, we are happy to provide you monthly documentation for your sessions (a “superbill”) that includes a receipt of service, session code, and payment that you can submit to your insurance company. You pay Sage Wellness the full therapy session cost, and if you have out of network benefits, your insurance company will send the reimbursement check directly to you. It can be helpful to contact your insurance company regarding the following if you would like to confirm your out of network benefits in advance:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- Is pre-approval from the insurance company, or a referral from my primary care physician required before treatment?
- Do I have a deductible? What is the amount and has it been met?
- What is my coverage for an out of network provider?
- CPT Code: 90834 for a 45 minute individual therapy session (individual therapy)
- CPT Code: 90847 for family therapy with patient present therapy session (couples therapy)
- CPT Code: 90853 for group psychotherapy session (group therapy)
- Are telehealth sessions covered for an out of network provider (CPT Code: 90834-95 for a 45 minute individual therapy session)?
- What is the process for submitting the “superbill” and receiving reimbursement?
- How many sessions does my insurance cover each year?