At Sage Wellness, we love seeing the way people feel transformed by the power of being in a therapy group. We offer interpersonal processing groups. These groups are tailored to help people learn to better understand and enhance their interpersonal skills in a safe environment. Group therapy and individual therapy have equivalent treatment outcomes. For some treatment concerns, group therapy is the treatment of choice.
You may experience some of the common concerns that bring people to group: feeling dissatisfied with the quality or type of relationships you have, feeling isolated or disconnected from others, symptoms of grief/loss, depression, anxiety, trauma or desire for self growth. For more information about group therapy and how it can help you, click here.
What to expect:
The group meets weekly for 90 minutes and includes 7 to 9 participants and 1-2 group leaders. In group you can expect to:
- Meet others who share your similar concerns
- Learn to relate better and increase your emotional connection to others
- Identify and improve your style in interacting with others
- Have a place where you feel you belong
- Receive feedback about how you are perceived by others
- Learn to speak with more ease in group settings
- Gain insights
- Experiment with new behaviors
- Share your experiences to help others
- Emerging Adults Group (Approx < 30 years old): Thursdays 1-2:30 pm
- Established Adults Group: Tuesdays 6-7:30 pm
- Session fee: $75
- Group leader: Dr. Mattie Bogoslavsky
- Commit to attending for at least four sessions to give yourself time to get to know others and feel more comfortable
- Attending each session, arriving on time, and staying the entire time.
- Confidentiality about the other member’s in the group and their personal information, for the entirety of your life.
- No contact with members outside of the group session time. The relationships you create stay within the group to ensure a safe and therapeutic process.